“Everybody’s really busy”
Kelly McCormick, one of the producers of the Fast and the Furious spin-off movie Hobbs & Shaw gave an update on the movie’s sequel. The sequel will happen one day, but there’s going to be a long wait before that.
While speaking to Collider, MvCormick said that a potential sequel could be a long way off, due to the pandemic and Dwayne Johnson’s busy schedule.
McCormick revealed that everybody’s been really busy on that particular franchise. “I mean, who’s busier than Dwayne Johnson? And he’s critical to the project,” she said.
She also added that they’re all waiting to hear any updates regarding the production, but everybody’s busy working amidst the pandemic and there’s a lot of excitement to try to make something.
Johnson himself revealed in March last year that a Hobbs & Shaw sequel was in development. During an Instagram Q&A, he said that they were developing the next film, and they’re pretty excited about it. They just need to figure out the creative right now and the direction that they will take.
Johnson had recently wrapped up shooting for Netflix’s Red Notice, which also stars Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds. It’s set to be one of Netflix’s biggest releases this year, and fans are waiting for the trailer and release date to drop. The next movie he will be preparing for is DC’s Black Adam, which will start filming in April at Georgia. His other commitments are unknown at this point, but Hobbs & Shaw can begin work only after he’s done with them, which will take around 2 years.
Jason Statham is also working on two projects, with his upcoming one, Wrath of Man releasing in March 4.
In the meantime, get ready for Fast & Furious 9 that will come out in May 28, 2021.
You may also like: Power season 7 updates