In this post, we will go over the USPS Informed Delivery App in detail, including what it is, how it works, and how to download it. How to Resolve a Not Working Issue, Tracking Emails from Your Phone, and Contacting USPS Customer Service.
What Exactly Is the USPS Informed Delivery App?
The United States Postal Service’s Informed Delivery App is a smartphone application (In short: USPS).
This application helps you to keep track of your current arriving mails and packages on your mobile phone. Here is a list of the features that this Mail delivery information app provides:
- Track your Parcels: Users can keep track of all their incoming mail and packages in one spot. You may view all of your Mails in one location by using its secure dashboard.
- Alerts and notifications: Users can schedule emails and text alerts to be sent to them informing them of the status of their shipments’ delivery.
- Instructions for delivery: Delivery instructions are simple to configure. You can, for example, direct the courier to leave the parcel with a neighbor or in a secure location. Furthermore, redelivery can be scheduled.
- Report Option: You can also use the Mobile Application to report lost packages, missing mail parcels, and so on.
USPS Address Change
Assume you recently moved to a new home, but the location on your receiving parcels is still your old address. You may quickly alter your address and reroute your packages to your current location by using USPS Dashboard.
Yes, users can change informed delivery to new addresses, as well as change address validation codes and receive notifications for old addresses. The procedure for changing your address on the official website is as follows:
- Navigate to MoversGuide.USPS.Com.
- That website will guide you through the process of changing your address on your USPS account.
- You can also go to the Post Office in person and fill out an application there.
- In either event, you will receive a letter with a 9-digit alpha-numeric code to authenticate your address change.
- Your corresponding account will be stopped until your information is confirmed, at which point it will be reactivated.
- You can resume your notification and delivery after the Confirmation.
USPS Mail Tracking
You can quickly track your mails and packages using the Informed Delivery App. Users can also preview images of their e-mails and impending packages. They can even manage their shipment delivery while on the go.
Here are some of the features that this app offers:
- You can sign up for Text or Email Notification, which will notify you when your packages arrive.
- You can also set Delivery instructions from the Delivery dashboard.
- If delivery fails, customers can request redelivery.
Even if you don’t have the App, you can still track your packages. Go to https://www.usps.com/manage/ to track your mail and packages using your tracking number. You can enter up to 35 Tracking numbers at once to track them all in one spot.
Is the USPS Informed Delivery Service down?
The USPS announced a few weeks ago that it will be discontinuing its Informed Delivery Apps for both Android and iOS mobile phones.
So, if you are lacking features, a few alternatives will not work, and this will most likely continue until this is totally removed. However, you can still track all of your mails and other information online if you use the Web version. Even if the app is shutting down, you will continue to receive Email/Text alerts about your Packages.
Customer Service at USPS
If you have a problem or a complaint about one of your packages, you can use this app to file a complaint, send a letter, or call the USPS Customer Service number. Here is all of the customer service information for the United States Postal Service-
- Customer Service Email – Use this form to contact us.
- 1-800-275-8777 is the customer service phone number.
- Go to the Post office location tool to find the nearest Post office.