Scream 4 is a 2011 American slasher film written and directed by Wes Craven. It is the fourth entry in the Scream film series, produced by Outerbanks Entertainment and distributed by Dimension Films.
- Neve Campbell plays Sidney Prescott, a self-help author, and Ghostface’s main target.
- Dewey Riley, the town’s sheriff, and Gale’s husband are played by David Arquette.
- Gale Weathers, Dewey’s wife, is played by Courteney Cox.
- Emma Roberts plays Sidney’s cousin, Jill Roberts.
- Jill’s best friend, Kirby Reed, is played by Hayden Panettiere.
- Anthony Anderson plays Deputy Anthony Perkins.
- Hoss, a deputy, is played by Adam Brody.
- Charlie Walker, Robbie’s best buddy, is played by Rory Culkin.
- Kate Roberts, Jill’s mother, and Sidney’s maternal aunt are played by Mary McDonnell.
- Judy Hicks, the town’s deputy sheriff, and Sidney’s former classmate are played by Marley Shelton.
- Rebecca Walters, Sidney’s publicist, is played by Alison Brie.
- Olivia Morris, Jill and Kirby’s buddy, is played by Marielle Jaffe.
- Trevor Sheldon, Jill’s ex-boyfriend, is played by Nico Tortorella.
- Erik Knudsen plays Charlie’s best buddy, Robbie Mercer.
- Rachel is played by Anna Paquin.
- Chloe is played by Kristen Bell.
- Sherrie is played by Lucy Hale.
- Trudie is played by Shenae Grimes.
- Britt Robertson plays Jenny’s friend Marnie Cooper.
- Jenny Randall, Marnie’s friend, is played by Aimee Teegarden.
- Mr. Baker, Jill’s English instructor, is played by John Lepard.
- Dr. Orth, Sidney’s radiologist, is played by Mark Aaron Buerkle.
- Ghostface is voiced by Roger L. Jackson.
What Is the Plot of Scream 4?
Ghostface murders high school girls Jenny Randall and Marnie Cooper during the 16th anniversary week of the first Woodsboro murders. The next day, Sidney Prescott comes to Woodsboro with her publicist, Rebecca Walters, to promote her book.
Sidney becomes a suspect in the killings after evidence is discovered in her rental car, and she is forced to stay in town until the case is solved. Sidney’s cousin, Jill Roberts, who is dealing with her ex-boyfriend, Trevor Sheldon’s, infidelity, receives a threatening phone call from Ghostface, as does her friend Olivia Morris.
Dewey Riley, now the town’s sheriff, questions Jill and Olivia, along with their friend Kirby Reed, about their phone calls, while his deputies – Judy Hicks, Anthony Perkins, and Hoss – assist him in the case. Dewey’s wife, Gale Weathers, is suffering from writer’s block and chooses to explore the murders against her husband’s wishes.
Sidney spends the night with Jill and Jill’s mother, Sidney’s aunt Kate. Olivia is murdered by Ghostface that night, while Jill and Kirby watch in terror from across the street. Sidney fires Rebecca at the hospital after learning of her plot to use the killings to boost book sales, and Rebecca is later murdered by Ghostface.
Gale enlists the assistance of two high school film buffs, Charlie Walker and Robbie Mercer. Charlie hypothesizes that the killer is following the rules of horror remakes and predicts that the killer will most likely strike at a Stab franchise viewing party.
Gale attends the party to investigate but is attacked by Ghostface, who stabs her in the shoulder. Hoss and Perkins, who were assigned to protect Jill’s home, are killed. Sidney learns that Jill has gone to Kirby’s before Ghostface attacks and kills Kate. Ghostface murders an intoxicated Robbie as Jill, Kirby, Charlie, Robbie, and Trevor are at Kirby’s house.
Sidney arrives to accompany Jill, but they are both pursued by Ghostface. As Sidney searches for Jill and phones Dewey, Kirby frees Charlie, who was chained and gagged, but he promptly stabs her, identifying himself as Ghostface, before leaving her to bleed out.
Charlie confronts Sidney and is stabbed by a second Ghostface, who reveals herself to be Jill. She admits to planning the murders because she envied Sidney’s celebrity for surviving the previous murders, and she plans to frame Trevor as Ghostface.
Jill murders Trevor and betrays Charlie, stabbing him to death in order to frame him as Trevor’s accomplice and claim all the glory for herself. Jill then stabs Sidney and mutilates herself in order to frame Trevor even more. As Sidney and Jill are being brought to the hospital, Dewey and the police arrive.
Jill goes to Sidney’s hospital room after learning that she has survived and makes one last attempt to kill her. Dewey, Gale, and Judy step in, having been tipped off by Jill’s knowledge of where Gale was stabbed.
Jill subdues Dewey and Hicks and keeps Gale at gunpoint before Sidney temporarily disables her with a defibrillator and eventually kills Jill by shooting her in the heart. Dewey summons all police units while reporters outside incorrectly identify Jill as the “lone surviving hero.”