Are you tired of working from the comfort of your own home? Do you often feel alone and like you’re missing out on the pleasure of the team? During the epidemic, people have been forced to work from home for long lengths of time, which has led to the development of apps like Hallway chat.
Slack users have the ability to directly add hallway chat, and members of Microsoft teams have the option to do the same. Hallway conversation in Slack is available at no additional cost.
What Exactly Is This “Hallway” App?
Parthi Loganathan and Kunal Jasty are responsible for the establishment of the hallway. From the first conception of the idea to the registration of the very first user, the entire process took only four days.
The Hallway chat platform has been utilized by more than nine hundred teams at major businesses such as IBM, Nextdoor, Salesforce, Coursera, and others. Even publications such as TechCrunch and the Wall Street Journal have written about Hallway.
By creating 14 discussions per 100 employees each and every day, Hallway has made working remotely more enjoyable.
Using the Hallway Chat App’s Features
The following amenities are available in the hallway:
- instructions for using and downloading the hallway app
- Allows for one-on-one talks or conversations within a group.
- Provides possibilities for customization, such as the ability to select the frequency of breaks for individual Slack channels, as well as their scheduling time, time zone, and working hours.
- Contributes to the generation of weekly analytical reports.
- One of the intriguing aspects of Hallway is a feature called Roulette-style one-to-one private breaks. During these breaks, participants of the same slack channel are randomly paired up with one another.
How Can I Get the Hallway Chat App Installed on My Device?
Adding a chat app for the hallway is quite simple to do. You may proceed in the following manner:
- You are required to travel to the homepage of the Hallway chat platform, which can be found by navigating to the official website of the Hallway chat service.
- After that, on the homepage of the Hallway chat, click the icon that says “Add to Slack for free.”
- Following this, you will have to navigate to Slack in order to grant permission for Hallway to be added to Slack.
- Another option available to users is to install Hallway directly from the Slack app directory.
How Should One Use the Hallway?
There is no user interface available for the Hallway program. Slack allows users to customize every aspect of the platform. This comprises the procedure for logging in, the onboarding experience, and the user interface for configuring settings. Through the use of the Hallway app, the bot will automatically generate break rooms.
You will be able to invite the Hallway bot to Slack channels as soon as the onboarding instructions have been given within Slack as a direct message.
You can accomplish this by typing “/invite@hallway” while you are in a channel. This will add the channel to the list automatically. In addition, you can activate it simply by adding “/hallway on” in the appropriate spot. You can finish configuring the app by typing “/hallway” into the terminal.
Prices in the Hallway
If you only utilize it for two of your Slack channels, the Hallway chat service is completely free. When using the free service, users are restricted to a maximum of ten timed video chats at a time.
The service must be improved before it can support increased levels of utilization. The hallway provides customers with two distinct pricing tiers to choose from. A monthly fee of $30 is charged for access to the Team pricing plan.
In addition to allowing longer discussions, it also provides timed video breaks that recur at regular intervals. In addition, there is a free trial period that lasts for seven days. Additionally, it provides infinite video chat rooms that may be accessed directly from the Hallway or by a connection to Zoom or Google Meet.
In addition to this, it enables the scheduling of chats, the setting of working hours, and the generation of weekly reports on analytics. It costs an additional $2 per month for every additional member of a channel that is added.
Customers who want bespoke services are required to get in touch with the company to find out the final price.