Amy Schumer Net Worth: Amy Beth Schumer is a stand-up comic and actress from the United States.
In the early 2000s, she dabbled in comedy until winning the fifth season of the NBC reality competition series Last Comic Standing in 2007.
- Born: June 1, 1981 (age 41 years), Upper East Side, New York, NY
- Height: 5′ 7″
- Spouse: Chris Fischer (m. 2018)
- Awards: Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Actress in a Comedy
- Children: Gene David Fischer
Amy Schumer Early Life
Amy Schumer was born Amy Beth Schumer in Manhattan, New York, on June 1, 1981.
- Her mother, Sandra, and father, Gordon, owned the Lewis of London baby furniture company.
- Kim, her younger sister, went on to become a comedy writer and producer (working with Amy on multiple productions), while Jason, her half-brother, is a jazz musician.
- Schumer’s family’s firm went out of business when she was nine, and her father was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis shortly after.
- Her Protestant mother converted to Judaism before marrying Gordon, and Schumer’s father is Jewish.
- Amy claims that while she was living on Long Island, the people around her were openly antisemitic and that children made fun of her Jewish origin regularly.
- Schumer’s great-grandmother was a bootlegger during Prohibition, and when alcohol became legal again, she opened Schumer’s Liquors in New York City.
Amy’s second cousin once removed is Senator Chuck Schumer. After a horrific shooting during a screening of “Trainwreck” in 2015, they banded together to campaign for stricter gun legislation.
Amy Schumer Career
On June 1, 2004, at Gotham Comedy Club in New York City, Schumer gave her first stand-up comedy performance.
She competed on the fifth season of “Last Comic Standing,” finishing fourth, and appeared on Comedy Central’s “Live at Gotham” in 2007. Amy’s first half-hour special, “Comedy Central Presents,” premiered in April 2010, followed by “Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen” in 2011 and “Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne Barr” in 2012.
Amy Schumer: Mostly Sex Stuff premiered on Comedy Central in 2012, followed by “Amy Schumer: Live at the Apollo” (HBO) in 2015, “Amy Schumer: The Leather Special” (Netflix) in 2017, and “Amy Schumer: Growing” (Netflix) in 2019. (Netflix).
Amy Schumer’s Personal Life
Before marrying chef Chris Fischer, Amy dated comedian Anthony Jeselnik and professional wrestler Nick Nemeth (aka Dolph Ziggler).
The wedding took place in Malibu, California, on February 13, 2018.
On May 5, 2019, they had their son Gene Attell (named after Amy’s friend, comedian Dave Attell).
Gene’s middle name was later changed to David after the couple noticed his original name sounded like “genital.”
Amy and Chris began starring in a Food Network show called “Amy Schumer Learns to Cook” in May 2020.
During their confinement, the pair shot the episode while cooking in their kitchen.
What Is Amy Schumer Famous For?
Chris Fischer and Amy Schumer will star in a Food Network show called “Amy Schumer Learns to Cook” in 2020, following the pandemic.
Life & Beth” will premiere later this year on Hulu, and she wrote and will appear in the show.
As a result of her popular Comedy Central sketch comedy series “Inside Amy Schumer,” Schumer was honored with an Emmy Award in 2015. A return to the airwaves is imminent after a long absence.
“Trainwreck,” Amy Schumer’s directorial debut, grossed $140.8 million worldwide.
‘Amy Schumer: The Leather Special,’ her debut Netflix special, aired in 2017 and earned her $13,000,000.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, she has a current net worth of $25 million.
Comedy specials starring her include “Amy Schumer: Mostly Sex Stuff,” “Amy Schumer: Live at the Apollo,” and “Amy Schumer: Getting There.”
In addition to starring in films like “Snatched,” “Thank You for Your Service,” and “I Feel Pretty,” she has also been on television shows including “30 Rock,” “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “Louie,” “Girls,” “Bob’s Burgers,” and “Crashing.”
- Mick Jagger Net Worth: Is He The Richest Rolling Stones Member?
- Sam Sheen Net Worth: What She’s Earning & Who’s She Dating?
- Lea Michele Net Worth: Is She The Richest Actress From Glee?
Amy Schumer’s Net Worth
Amy Schumer has a net worth of $45 million as a stand-up comedian, actor, and author in the United States.
After winning NBC’s “Last Comic Standing” in 2007, she went on to create, co-produce, co-write, and star in the Emmy-winning Comedy Central series “Inside Amy Schumer.”
Amy has also written and featured in the film “Trainwreck,” which grossed $140.8 million worldwide, and she has performed on Broadway, where she received a Tony nomination for her work in “Meteor Shower” in 2017.
Since 2018, she has presented “Amy Schumer Presents: 3 Girls; 1 Keith” with Bridget Everett, Rachel Feinstein, and Keith Robinson on the podcast “Amy Schumer Presents: 3 Girls; 1 Keith.”
Amy was the first woman to make more than $20 million as one of the highest-paid comedians in the world in 2016.