Mick Jagger Net Worth: Sir Michael Philip Jagger is an English singer, songwriter, actor, and film producer who rose to international prominence as the Rolling Stones’ lead vocalist and one of the band’s founding members.
One of the most successful songwriting collaborations in history is with Keith Richards.
- Born: July 26, 1943 (age 78 years), Dartford, United Kingdom
- Height: 5′ 10″
- Spouse: Bianca Jagger (m. 1971–1978)
- Partner: Melanie Hamrick (2014–)
- Children: Lucas Maurice Morad Jagger, Jade Jagger
- Music groups: The Rolling Stones (Since 1962), Jagger/Richards, SuperHeavy (2009 – 2011)
Mick Jagger Early Life
Jagger was born in Dartford, Kent, on July 26, 1943. Chris, his younger brother, is a musician as well.
- Jagger’s father and grandfather were also educators, and he was raised to follow in their footsteps.
- However, Jagger claims that he “was always a singer” who enjoyed listening to other singers and singing in the church choir.
- Keith Richards and Mick Jagger were childhood buddies who attended Wentworth Primary School together.
- Until the Richards family moved in 1954, they were even neighbors. Richards eventually ran across Jagger on a train several years later, and the two reconnected.
- Jagger was carrying Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters LPs from Chess Records, and the two revived their connection over their shared musical interests.
- In 1961, Jagger moved in with Richards and guitarist Brian Jones after finishing high school.
- While Richards and Jones planned to form their rhythm and blues band; Jagger continued his education at the London School of Economics; where he received a government scholarship to study business.
After leaving the London School of Economics, Jagger joined Richards and Jones in their practices, laying the groundwork for the band that would become The Rolling Stones.
Mick Jagger Personal Life
Jagger has been married, divorced, and involved in several other relationships.
- He has eight children and five grandchildren, and his first great-grandchild was born on May 19, 2014.
- Even though Hunt was married, Jagger dated English singer and actress Marianne Faithfull from 1966 to 1970 and pursued a romance with Marsha Hunt from 1969 to 1970.
- In 1970, he met Bianca Perez-Mora Macias, and the two married in Saint-Tropez, France, on May 12, 1971.
- The couple split up in 1977, with Perez-Mora Macias filing for divorce in May 1978, citing Jagger’s involvement with Playboy model Bebe Buell from 1974 to 1976.
- In 1977, Jagger began dating model Jerry Hall, and the two married in an unofficial ceremony in Bali, Indonesia, on November 21, 1990.
- Jagger had many relationships during his engagement with Hall, including Carla Bruni, who subsequently went on to become the First Lady of France, and Brazilian model Luciana Gimenez Morad.
- Jagger was in a relationship with fashion designer L’Wren Scott from 2001 until she died in 2014.
- After her death, Mick Jagger founded the L’Wren Scott scholarship at Central Saint Martins College in London.
- Scott gave Jagger her whole estate, valued at 9 million dollars.
Jagger has been dating Melanie Hamrick, an American dancer, since 2014.
The Richest Rolling Stones Member: Mick Jagger
There is, of course, another side to that coin. The Rolling Stones’ (almost) entire catalog is co-credited to Jagger-Richards, just as it was to Lennon-McCartney before them, and the lead singer has earned nearly as much as his childhood pal over the years.
- He has a film career as well, having starred in cult classics such as Performance (1968) and Ned Kelly (1970), among others.
- He owns real properties worth more than $250 million in New York and London, as well as a castle in the south of France and an estate on the private Caribbean island of Mustique.
- But we think it’s worth it when you’re the face of the world’s most famous rock band.
- Many young musicians aspire to be rock stars for the fame and adoration that comes with it, even though it is a demanding lifestyle of nonstop touring.
- If these starving artists make it big, they’ll be in for a big surprise because being one of the world’s top ten richest rock stars can bring in astronomical sums of money.
- As an aspiring rocker, you’ll learn three key takeaways from this list:
- As a rock star, anyone can break through and become extremely wealthy (though having connections helps).
- However, if you want to be among the wealthiest people in the world, you’ll need to diversify your business, make smart investments, get into TV and film, and keep your expenses under control.
- And that’s only partially true because you’ll be splitting your music money with band members in four and five ways.
- Obtaining marketing momentum and exposure is a long-term process that necessitates the assistance of a major record label.
- And, unlike other genres, you must be able to write songs and play an instrument in this one.
If you know the right people and make the right moves, you can achieve your goals.
- Sam Sheen Net Worth: What She’s Earning & Who’s She Dating?
- Sam Asghari Net Worth 2022: How Much Wealth Does He Have?
- Jeff Probst Net Worth: Career | Is He A Millionaire?
Mick Jagger Net Worth
Mick Jagger is an English singer, songwriter, actor, and producer, also known as Sir Michael Philip Jagger.
Jagger has a $500 million net worth. Mick Jagger is most recognized for being the Rolling Stones’ lead vocalist, a role he has held since the group’s inception in the early 1960s.
The Stones have sold over 200 million records worldwide as of this writing.
The band continues to tour almost every year to this day.
When the band goes on tour, it has the potential to be one of the world’s highest-grossing musical acts.
For example, the band made $117 million in 2018 from just 14 gigs.