It is a structured task that is a component of Windows Media Center that makes it easy to watch cable TV channels.
A digital TV tuner enables users to watch all paid digital cable channels directly from their cable provider on their personal computer.
What is a Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
It is a robust application that provides television service and slows down the user’s computer while the TV tuning functions are in use.
The ehprivjob.exe file is a digital TV tuner registration application form. There could occasionally be a problem with the ehprivjob.exe file. When the computer begins storing the files, the system can encounter significant difficulties and slow down drastically.
Consequently, you may frequently need to disable digital TV tuner device registration, remove it or turn it off. We have outlined below ways in which you can prevent it from having a significant influence on you.
How to Disable a Digital TV Tuner Device?
To delete or disable the digital TV tuner application, you must complete the procedures below.
- Click the Start button, then select Task Scheduling from the menu that appears.
- Click Microsoft Folder within the Library.
- Open the Windows folder and disable the ehdrminit task there.
- Close the folders before restarting the computer system.
- In addition, the Task Manager Resource Monitor can be blocked.
- Select Task Manager from the Windows Start menu.
- Once you are on the Performance tab of the Task Manager, you must select Open Resource Monitor.
- Locate the ehPrivjob.exe file in the Overview area and right-click the mouse to terminate the process.
How Do I Uninstall the Digital TV Tuner Application From Windows 7?
To remove a digital TV tuner device from Windows 7, follow the steps below.
- Obtain a list of programs from the Programs and Features option in the Control section.
- Click on the application for digital TV tuner device registration, and then click again to uninstall it.
- Now, hit Windows+R to open the Registry Editor, and then type Regedit into the Run dialogue box.
- Enter HKEY LOCAL MACHINESoftware and perform a search.
- Delete the digital TV folder once you’ve located it.
- Click HKEY LOCAL MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent VersionRuneg ui to remove any of the items.
- To determine if the digital TV tuner has been completely removed, you must restart the computer.
- Additionally, you can use the second technique to disable the registration of your TV tuner device. Thus, you can begin using the program again simply by reinstalling it.
- Select the Programs and Features option under the Control Panel.
- Launch the list of installed applications.
- Select a digital TV tuner and remove the program.
- Restart the computer to complete the uninstallation.
How to disable the Windows 7 digital TV tuner application?
To disable the digital TV tuner on Windows 7, follow the steps below.
- The Windows features key can be toggled on and off from the programs and features menu.
- Scroll down to the Media Features section, and then de-select the Windows Media Player.
- Confirm your action by clicking the Yes button on the pop-up that appears.
- Once Windows Media Player is turned off, the digital TV tuner device registration stops running.