How to File TDR Using the IRCTC Mobile App and Review TDR Rules IRCTC
TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) is a popular phrase for those who travel by train these days. With the Indian Railways’ TDR process in place, you can quickly claim refunds for already-booked-but-untraveled tickets. Tickets are refunded within 60 days of being requested.
How to File a Counter Ticket TDR?
Cancellation of paper tickets must occur at the PRS reservation system desk, the current booking counter, or the booking office counter.
- Passengers can file a TDS for their counter-booked tickets by visiting the train station where they made the purchase.
- They will be required to submit an application, a TDR filing form, and their original, unaltered travel ticket.
- Claims must be submitted to the Chief Claim Officer / CCM Refund Officer.
- Postal services can also be used to file TDR for counter tickets.
- During the COVID pandemic, you may attempt to cancel your e-ticket and inquire with the department as to whether they will take a TDR from the public.
How to Use the IRCTC Rail Connect App to File a TDR
Have you recently downloaded the IRCTC app and want to know how to file TDR via the IRCTC app?
Check out how to file a TDR using the IRCTC app here.
- Launch the Google Play application.
- Click on the Trains chart head in the Business section.
- Select the view or cancel ticket option for the ticket for which you want to file a TDR.
- Follow the instructions after clicking to file a TDR.
- Select a cause for submitting the TDR from the dropdown list of available alternatives.
- Click here to submit your TDR request.
TDR Regulations IRCTC 2021
The TDR filing regulations are detailed below:
- For counter tickets, ticket cancellation can be targeted using a PRS counter.
- If you have an e-ticket, you can receive a refund at the boarding area. You can also collect your refund at satellite locations in the area.
- TDR filing must be completed within four hours of the departure of the train.
- You can file a TDR if there were waiting list passengers on your ticket who did not board the train with you. This requires a certificate from the IRCTC ticket inspectors.
Best Cause for Filing TDR
The most compelling cause to file a TDR is if the train has not stopped at your station or has deviated from its normal path.
When can TDR be submitted in Irctc?
Through the IRCTC app or the actual counters, filing a TDR is simple. You can also submit TDRs through a web browser.
What is the EFT detail for IRCTC TDR filing?
An excess Fare Ticket is a valid justification for requesting a full refund. If the TT has requested extra payment, you may submit a TDR to recover the funds.
When must TDR be submitted?
Can a TDR be filed in instances when the traveler’s rights have been breached in some way?
Can I file TDR after preparing a chart?
Yes, once the chart has been created, TDR can be filed under the conditions outlined in the TDR standards.
Am I eligible to file TDR if I missed my train?
One can file a TDR within one hour of the train’s departure. Reasons for not traveling can be listed in a TDR application under existing guidelines.